Dogs, especially puppies, are restless, curious, and natural explorers. Their home is their territory, and they feel safe and secure in it; It is also the place where they spend the most time. But the home dangers are there and can give us more of displeasure if we do not foresee them, especially the kitchen, which is one of the main sources of risk.
Ingestion of dangerous objects is a very common accident in dogs
It is one of the most frequent accidents, especially if our dog behaves like a ‘vacuum dog’: the Golden Retriever, Labrador Retriever, and Beagle are among the breeds that spend the day sniffing the corners of the house and ‘swallowing’ all class of objects (socks, food, medicine, shoelaces, and a long etcetera), but this behavior is extendable to all dogs. It is very important to educate them from a young age so that they do not develop it, or at least not sharply, if we do not want to spend the day chasing them around the house, to see what they do, since generally this habit of eating anything they find on the ground it moves abroad, to the street and to the countryside.
Poisoning with cleaning products or medications is very common in dogs
Caution should be used when using substances to clean the house, such as bleach, window cleaners, and any soapy product, among others, since they are potentially fatal if the dog swallows them. In case the dog has access to the garage, you have to make sure that the antifreeze is out of reach, since its sweet taste attracts them a lot, and every year the number of dogs intoxicated by this reason increases. If we suspect that he has ingested any toxic substance, we must urgently take him to the vet and, if we know, tell him what he has ingested; If the dog has vomited, describe the nature and appearance of the vomit (or collect a sample or take a photo of it), so that the professional can apply 1bet2u Malaysia the most appropriate treatment quickly.
These same safety protocols can be applied by both our medicines and yours, which should always be stored where the dog cannot access them.
Some house plants are also toxic to pets.
Dogs can be electrocuted by biting wires
Puppies are most prone to severe accidents nibbling on electrical cords or sucking on plugs. The younger she is, the greater the danger, since her attraction to cables is great. Precautions must be taken if a puppy has just arrived home (the highest risk age is between two and a half months to almost one year of age), and try to camouflage the cables under the carpets, put some furniture in front or put them in high, or put protectors on the plugs, to prevent serious accidents.
Dogs can fall from the balcony or windows
It is important that if the dog has access to the terraces or windows that are within its range of action, we put protections (a wire mesh, for example) so that they cannot fall while playing or in case they see something on the street that attracts and wants to jump. Although puppies are once again the most likely to rush from above, this protection should also be maintained when the dog is an adult, for greater safety. Additionally, there are added risks to the dog, such as cuts or injuries, if forks, knives, or glassware are dropped in the kitchen while he is in it.
Dogs can get burnt in the kitchen.
As mentioned, in the kitchen, many of the home risks for our friends are concentrated. Many dogs like to stay in it while their owners prepare and cook food, and very frequently, there are cases of burns from hot and boiling liquids that accidentally spill or ‘jump’ on the dog (water, broths, or oil). These episodes are extremely painful and serious for dogs. To prevent it, it is recommended that you do not enter this room while preparing hot meals.
Dogs have indigestion, gastritis, and intestinal obstructions from eating from the dustbin
Almost all dogs have a fatal attraction to their dustbin throughout their lives, and even if they are well behaved, it is a difficult temptation for them to resist. Ingesting food waste and objects (cans, glass, bottles) that we throw away are an extraordinary source of danger to your health and life. So it is essential that they never have access to the garbage can.
Dogs can be hit when running around the house.
It may happen that when we get home, we find our dog limping or showing signs of hitting himself, having been alone at home. Dogs run wild around the house for fun, and if the floor is slippery or furniture is in their way, they can get hit. Rugs or carpeting paths can be placed in the areas most traveled by our friend, to prevent blows or fractures.…